The librarian who manages the multi-location law firm library faces exciting and demanding challenges. This one-day workshop explores those challenges by applying management principles and theories to the real world of multi-location law firm libraries through a series of presentations, group exercises, discussions and by drafting or revising policies, procedures, staff development plans and marketing plans.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the reporting structure of their firms and libraries and compare them to other reporting models;
- Analyze the role of managing/director libraries and positions;
- Evaluate staff responsibilities across libraries and positions;
- Examine their current collection management plans and create an outline of an on-going collection analysis/re-balancing plan;
- Evaluate their current space needs, list the elements of a space plan and identify the type(s) of information needed to write an effective plan;
- Analyze the current services and activities of their library for possible outsourcing; and
- Examine the current communication tools, policies and procedures to identify parts that could be improved.
(May have added outcomes).