View the Committee Roster
View the Committee Report - 2004
A core component of AALL’s mission is to support the career development and continuing education needs of its members. In recent years, AALL advanced this mission through its professional development program. As member needs become more complex and demands for their time become more acute, the Association recognizes that it must focus its efforts in new ways to enhance its continuing education activities and offer targeted, effective methods of delivery.
In 2002 the Executive Board authorized a needs assessment survey to determine more precise and up-to-date information in regard to the continuing education needs of members. The needs assessment and focus group sessions will be conducted with the assistance of a professional consultant. The outcome of this information gathering and professional consultation will be used to establish a new career development program specifically tailored to meet the needs of Association members.
CHARGE: The Career Development Task Force will
- Participate in the organization and development of focus group sessions
- Evaluate the data from the needs assessment and focus groups and present a final report to the Executive Board
- Develop and recommend a new continuing education program.
- Promote the new continuing education program.
- Continue professional development activities such as the “Desktop Learning Series”, listserv discussions and other non-funded career development programs on an interim basis.
- Seek collaborative educational endeavors as defined by the policies adopted by the AALL Executive Board.
The Task Force shall submit an interim report to the Executive Board for its meeting in Fall 2003 and a final report to the Executive Board at the Spring 2004 meeting.
SIZE: The task force shall consist of a chair and eight members. The members will be appointed by the President and serve until July 2004. A non-voting Executive Board liaison will be appointed. The staff liaison shall be the Executive Director.