View the Committee Roster
View the Committee Report - 2009
That the Executive Board create a five-member "Consortium Review Task Force" to investigate the feasibility of developing an AALL consortium, which would operate as a "buying cooperative" for members. The Task Force is charged with evaluating ways in which the Association could implement a consortium by considering the following steps.
- The development of a business plan
- The delineation of the planned consortium's market position vis-a-vis NELLCO and MALLCO
- The evaluation of the "best practices" of other consortia
- The creation of a policy for the consortium
- The ways in which the consortium could work in conjunction with a Vendor Relations Representative
- The hiring of staff (if necessary)
- The procurement of legal guidance on the creation of such an entity
- The planned expenditures for such a project
The Task Force may review additional subjects and opportunities not mentioned above. The Task Force shall prepare a final report, including all recommendations by the Spring 2009 Executive Board Meeting, with interim reports at the July 2008 and November 2008 Board Meetings.