View the Committee Roster
TYPE: Task Force
PURPOSE: To establish the AALL Legal Research Principles, Competencies and Standards for Law Student Information Literacy as the “gold standard” of research competency within AALL and for the legal community.
CHARGE: The Task Force will:
- Develop an effective implementation plan for the establishment of the "gold standard"
- Develop suggested strategies for AALL members to market the principles, competencies and standards to their institutions.
- Identify appropriate audiences and venues within the legal community and develop strategies to promote the "gold standard" to those audiences and at those venues
- Develop targeted messages to be used for specific audiences
- Revise language to broaden stated target audience of the Principles, Standards and Competencies to reflect the many audiences within the legal community
The Task Force will submit a final report with recommendations for the Spring 2013 Executive Board meeting.
SIZE: Chair plus four members.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER COMMITTEES/STRUCTURES: The Task Force will solicit input and feedback from other entities as appropriate.