View the Committee Roster
CHARGE: The Special Committee on Continuing Professional Education is charged to carry out certain recommendations made by the 2005 Education Summit and by subsequent task forces. Specifically, the CPE Special Committee will work with the new AALL Education Manager to:
- Develop for Executive Board consideration at the Spring 2007 Board meeting a proposed update of the AALL Professional Development policy.
- Clarify the relationship of the Continuing Professional Education program to the Annual Meeting Program Committee (AMPC).
- Evaluate education programming proposals received under the new Funding Models for AALL Continuing Education Programs (Spring 2006 Executive Board meeting, Tab 23) and make recommendations for funding. Develop further the CPE funding model.
- Survey other professional associations to determine their level of continuing education programming, particularly their use of technology (webinars, podcasts, etc.).
- Prepare a Members' Briefing for the April 2007 issue of AALL Spectrum (deadline is Feb. 1) on the new CPE program and publicize the program to AALL members in other appropriate ways.
- Recommend how the work of the CPE Special Committee should be carried on after July 2007.
SIZE: The Special Committee will consist of a Chair and six members, who will serve a one-year term starting in July 2006. A non-voting Executive Board liaison will be appointed. The staff liaison will be the Education Manager.