December 13, 2001
Every year AALL awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to law school and library school students and AALL members.
The following scholarships are awarded annually:
- Type I - Library Degree for Law School Graduates
- Type II - Library School Graduates Attending Law School
- Type III - Library Degree for Non-Law School Graduates
- Type IV - Library School Graduates Seeking a Non-Law Degree
- Type V - Law Librarians in Continuing Education Courses
- LexisNexis™ John R. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- AALL & West Group George A. Strait Minority Scholarship
- The James F. Connolly Congressional Information Service Scholarship
You're never too old...
AALL's best-kept secret is the Type V scholarship, available to law librarians attending a continuing education course related to law librarianship. It is awarded three times per year and is available only to AALL members! Application deadlines are Feb. 1, April 1 and Oct. 1.
Check out the AALL Web site AALLNET for complete information, instructions and applications at http://www.aallnet.org/services/scholarships.asp, and spread the word to anyone who might be eligible!