September 12, 2002
The wait is over. After several months of consideration, the AALL Nominations Committee has selected the candidates for the 2003 Executive Board elections.
Candidates for the office of vice president/president-elect:
- Timothy Coggins, director and associate professor of law at the University of Richmond School of Law Library in Richmond, Va.
- Victoria Trotta, director of the law library and associate dean at Arizona State University's Ross-Blakley Law Library in Tempe, Ariz.
Candidates for two positions as members of the Executive Board:
- Sarah Andeen, librarian at Greenberg Traurig in Phoenix
- Kathy Carlson, state law librarian at the Wyoming State Law Library in Cheyenne, Wis.
- Frank Drake, director of library services at Arnstein & Lehr in Chicago
- Merle Slyhoff, document delivery and auxiliary services librarian at the University of Pennsylvania Biddle Law Library in Philadelphia
In accordance with its charge, the committee has identified candidates that reflect the diversity of AALL's membership, to ensure that the members of the Executive Board represent a balance of library types, geographic locations, genders and minorities.
The deadline for receipt of petition candidates at AALL Headquarters is Feb. 28, 2003.
Ballots will be mailed to all voting members on Monday, March 3, 2003. AALL must receive the marked ballots by Friday, April 4. On April 7, the ballots will be tabulated at Headquarters. The election results will be announced immediately thereafter.
The candidates' statements and biographies will appear in the December 2002 issue of AALL Spectrum.
The Association extends its appreciation to the members of the 2002 Nominations Committee for developing this strong slate of candidates.