Tuesday, May 19, 2009
On behalf of the 2010 Annual Meeting Program Committee, it is our pleasure to announce the theme for AALL's 103rd Annual Meeting and Conference in Denver:
Summit 2010: Mapping Our Future
All of you plan for the future. Every day, law librarians implement new ideas for building collections and improving information services. Legal information professionals have goals and dreams for a better tomorrow. We know that you will share these creative ideas, successful case studies, and perceptive visions with your colleagues.
Summit 2010: Mapping Our Future will be an occasion to:
- examine each other's strengths through case studies of services offered by individual libraries and other programs
- discover best practices and fresh insights from speakers outside our profession
- remind ourselves of our commitment and dedication to our institutions and our library users
- reconnect with each other and share these newfound aspirations and goals, our map for the future
We may ask challenging questions and empower ourselves to seek viable and imaginative solutions:
- How do we build relationships that bridge divisions?
- How do we sustain the networks we create?
- Are information resources becoming "places?"
- How will libraries' services transform as libraries themselves become more "virtual?"
- What can we do to enhance the creation, design, and flow of information?
Use the online Program and Workshop Proposal Collection site to develop your proposal in your own workspace, share it with your colleagues, and submit it online by the August 23, 2009, deadline. Helpful resources include:
We look forward to your program and workshop proposals and to meeting with everyone in Denver as we map our future together.
AALL Vice President/President-Elect
Steven P. Anderson
Chair, 2010 Annual Meeting Program Committee