A major responsibility of every supervisor and manager is to work with staff to ensure that they deliver the best performance possible. Coaching and counseling are the two critical processes that supervisors and managers must know and use. Coaching is the process through which staff develop their skills and and receive guidance on work expectations. Counseling is the process used when serious problems occur--when coaching is not working.
Attend the AALL webinar, Coaching and Counseling: Ensuring Staff Performance Is On Track, on October 3, 11 a.m. CDT, to learn when to use coaching and/or counseling, how to build positive work relationships, the key steps in progressive discipline, and addressing performance problems.
- Learn the principles and practices of effective coaching and counseling
- Discuss ways to establish and build work relationships with staff based upon trust and shared commitment
- Understand how to determine when to shift from coaching to counseling
- Review a model that describes the key steps in progressive discipline
- Explore ways to address serious performance problems and be ready to exercise serious disciplinary action, including termination
Register by September 26!
Cost: $30/members; $60/nonmembers; $150/site registration