Editor of Law Library Journal
Generates editorial content for the four annual issues of Law Library Journal
consistent with the editorial policy set by the Executive Board and which meets the needs and interests of members.
Term of Appointment:
Five years; appointment renewable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the content and quality of Law Library Journal.
- Reviews manuscripts submitted for publication and responds to submitors as appropriate. Responds to queries from individuals interested in submitting manuscripts for consideration. Solicits manuscripts for publication as necessary.
- Provides substantive and stylistic editing of articles. Establishes and conforms to publication deadlines set in consultation with ALA Production Services in order to meet the goal of producing a timely publication on a quarterly basis that stays within the budgetary guidelines established by the Executive Board.
- Consults with the Law Library Journal and AALL Spectrum Committee to fulfill its charge on appropriate policy and editorial matters.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Law Library Journal and AALL Spectrum Committee and attends the meetings of the committee.
The Marketing and Communications Manager; Director of Membership Marketing and Communications; Executive Director; American Library Association (ALA) Production Services; and the Law Library Journal
and AALL Spectrum
- Bachelor’s degree and M.L.S. and/or J.D.
- Demonstrated ability as a writer and/or editor.
- Substantial experience in the law library profession. Must be knowledgeable about the people and developments within AALL and the profession.
- Member of AALL with record of involvement and active participation.
Cover letter and resume; writing and editing samples may be requested.