Editorial Director of AALL Spectrum
Generates editorial content for the nine annual issues of AALL Spectrum
that is consistent with the editorial policy set by the Executive Board and meets the needs and interests of members.
Term of Appointment:
Three years; appointment renewable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the content and quality of AALL Spectrum.
- Selects topics, authors, articles, columns, and column editors for AALL Spectrum.
- Works with authors to develop articles from original ideas to completed articles; provides substantive editing of articles.
- Conforms to deadlines and production requirements set by AALL’s Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Consults with the Law Library Journal and AALL Spectrum Committee to fulfill its charge on appropriate policy and editorial matters.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Law Library Journal and AALL Spectrum Committee and attends the meetings of the committee.
The Marketing and Communications Manager; Director of Membership Marketing and Communications; Executive Director; and the Law Library Journal
and AALL Spectrum
- Bachelor’s degree and M.L.S. and/or J.D.
- Demonstrated ability as a writer and/or editor.
- Substantial experience in the law library profession. Must be knowledgeable about the people and developments within AALL and the profession.
- Member of AALL with a record of involvement and active participation.