Public Relations Committee
Responsible for promoting AzALL and its services and events. Prepares and periodically revises AzALL brochure. Plans booths and/or other promotions for local Bar Association and other conventions and meetings. Develops contacts with other local law-related organizations. Closely coordinates efforts with membership committee. Promotes AALL and coordinats with AALL Public Relations Committee.
This Committee is composed of a Chairperson and two additional members.
- Propose methods of informing both the local and library communities and the community at large about law librarians and law librarianship.
- Explore further opportunities for displaying AzALL or AALL exhibits, such as at college "career days"; at local library organization conferences and at other legal Association meetings held in the Phoenix area.
- Explore ways to work with the local Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA).
- Arrange staffing, in conjunction with AALL Headquarters, for the AALL booth whenever it is exhibited in Phoenix.
- Revise, update and make printing arrangements for the AzALL Brochure and its annual insert.
- Meet with the Membership Committee to discuss and coordinate AzALL membership drives and publicity and to arrange for the distribution of the AzALL Brochure.
- Calls and presides at the Committee's meetings.
- In the event the Liaison is not at a particular meeting, informs him/her of activities.
- At least once a year, reports on Committee progress and appears before the Board to report on progress or problems and to observe the Board in session.
- Writes an official Annual Report of the Committee's activities with suggestions of changes, problems, or ideas to pass to the next Chairperson.
- Updates and makes corrections to Committee pages in the AzALL Handbook for Officers and Committee Chairs; returns revised Handbook to the Secretary at the Annual Meeting. (The Handbook will be supplied to the Chair by the President.)
- Forwards copies of all official documents to the Archives Committee, particularly seminar materials.