Responsibilities include editing and publishing AzALL NEWS; encouraging contributions of articles, bibliographies, columns, etc. from members; coordinating exchange of newsletters with other Chapters and distributing newsletter to AALL offices; coordinating exchange of newsletters with other local associations; providing for newsletter subscriptions to nonmembers; investigating feasibility of expansion and new formats; investigating feasibility of accepting advertising.
The Chair of the Committee is the Editor of the Newsletter. There should be at least three additional Committee members. There should be a Business/Advertising manager who would act as assistant to the Editor/Chair.
- Arrange for and supervise publication of the Newsletter and Newsletter Announcements.
- To be included in the Newsletter:
- Items of interest to the general membership;
- Executive Committee reports;
- Board minutes and business meeting minutes as appropriate;
- Annual reports of Committees, or summaries thereof;
- Placement information and job notices; and
- Other materials as deemed appropriate by the Executive Board.
- Determine the publication schedule, with the assistance of the Executive Board. Let this schedule be known and set appropriate deadlines.
- Arrange for and set advertising rates.
- The Chair of the Committee is the Editor of the Newsletter. The Editor may designate someone else to act in his/her place to chair Committee meetings.
- The Chair coordinates activities with the Chairs of other Committees so that announcements of Chapter and/or Committee activities can be announced to the membership; e.g.:
- Coordinates with the Nominations Committee to publish the slate of officers, and other appropriate candidate information in a timely manner; or
- Works with the Membership Committee to print corrections and/or updates to the Directory; etc.
- The Editor has discretion over format and content of the Newsletter subject to approval or recommendation of the Executive Board.