Posted : 4/26/17
POSITION: Technical Services Librarian, Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona.
SUMMARY: The Technical Services Librarian has primary responsibility for activities involving the technical services department which includes cataloging, acquisitions, and serials. Responsibilities will include, maintenance of database records and the day-to-day functioning of the Integrated Library System (ILS), Innovative Interfaces Inc. (III) Sierra.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the technical services department.
- Collaborates with the Director of Library Services on short- and long-range planning for the library, including collection development decisions.
- Supervises library staff and provides guidance on circulation policies, procedures, and duties.
- Orders and processes all materials for the library collection, maintains vendor relationships, and ensures timely receipt of materials ordered.
- Oversees the processing of invoices to ensure payment in a timely fashion.
- Catalogs and maintains professional standards for bibliographic and authority records.
- Performs downloading of appropriate records from outside vendors including but not limited to OCLC, YBP, and Cassidy Cataloging.
- Maintains acquisitions-related records in the library's III Sierra ILS system.
- Maintains monthly statistics on technical services-related records in the library's III Sierra ILS System.
- Performs monthly reports to ensure integrity of III Sieera ILS System records.
- Assists in developing and/or refining policies and procedures for copyright licensing and obtains licensing permissions for materials used in the classroom.
- Works with teh library staff to coordinate and implement the Course Reserve service.
- Performs original cataloging for institutional repository.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- M.L.S., M.L.I.S., or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school preferred.
- 3-5 years previous experience. Experience in library technical services operations highly desired.
- Cataloging experience.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Experience with OCLS and Innovative Interfaces' Sierra ILS preferred.
- Experience with invoicing procedures for library materials.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze more complex documents such as blue prints, legal documents, financial reports, and technical/scientific manuals. Ability to create more complex reports, speeches, manuals, and professional documents. Ability to effectively communicate and present to managers, advisory board, etc.
- Professional and positive attitude towards management, staff, students, board members, and visitors.
- Must be able to professionaly handle mutlitple tasks with a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent grammar skills.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions to resolve complex situations with no assistance. Capable of dealing with abstract or concret variables and to interpret a variety of technical instructions with little or no assistance.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Must be very detail oriented and accurate.
- Must display tact, discretion, and judgment.
OTHER POSITION DETAILS:
- Reports to: Director of Library Services
- Supervises: Student workers; library staff
- Hours per week: 40
HOW TO APPLY:
- If interested, please contact: Human Resources:
Send new postings or removal requests to Webmaster.