The CoALL Quiz:
1.†††††† What CoALL member served as both Secretary and Treasurer at the same time?
2.†††††† With what term did CoALL begin having members-at-large?
3.†††††† What is the most common first name for CoALL board members throughout time?
4. ††††† What is the second-most common first name for CoALL board members throughout time?
5.†††††† What is the third-most common first name for CoALL board members throughout time?
6.†††††† Which, if any, of the foregoing sets of people served at the same time?
7.†††††† Who made up the committee for planning CoALLís twenty-fifth anniversary celebration?
8.†††††††† Each year CoALL offers a scholarship to library students interested in law librarianship. How much is the scholarship award?
9.†††††††† What was the name of the group that was the precursor of CoALL?
10.†††††† In what year was CoALL formed as an official chapter of AALL?
11.†††††† How many times has CoALL won the Chapter Professional Development Award from AALL?
12.†††††† What is the name of the CoALL newsletter?
13.†††††† In pre-email days, the quarterly CoALL newsletter was supplemented by a monthly publication. What was it called?
14.†††††† Who was the first President of the law
librarians group in
15.†††††† Prior to the CoALL Spotlight programs, what was the name of our chapterís annual professional development program?
16.†††† Who was the President of CoALL at the change of the millennium?
17.†††† In the Fall of 1999/Winter 2000 issue of the Scuttle, members were asked to match the names of other members with the descriptions of their personal collections. Who collected political cartoons?
18.†††† Who collected kokopelli?
19.†††† Pink flamingos?
21.†††† Who won the original contest?
22.†††† What CoALL member was once the librarian at the American Alpine Club Library?
23.†††† In the mid-1990ís, what was CoALLís buddy system?
24.†††† What new (joined within the past 5 years) CoALL member . . .
Served in the Peace
Corps in both the
25.†††† Hails from
26.†††† Is a swing dancer?
1.†††††††† Mark Estes, in 1977-1978
2.†††††††† 1985-1986 was the first term with members-at-large
3.†††††††† Linda† (Rose, Gruenthal, Burns and Fields)
4. (Tied for #2) †††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Mary (Williams, Waters and Wilder)
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Martha† (Keister,
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Barb/Barbara (Allen, Bintliff and Rainwater)
5.(Tied for #3) ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Cathy (Pabich and Eason)*†
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Tom (Duggan and Seward)
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Holly (Pinto and Hoxeng)
(**not including Kathy Faris, Kathleen Clark, Katheryn Christnacht,† & Catharine Cott)
Nor Caryl Shipley and Carol Minor
6. Holly Pinto and Holly Hoxeng (2003-2004) and Linda Fields and Linda Gruenthal (1987-1988)
7. Gaye Roesch, Cathy Eason, Martha Campbell, Monica Martens and Karen Selden
8. The award is currently worth $1,000.
10. (trick question since you might guess 30 years ago!) 1984
11. Twice Ė in 2007 & 2002
12. CoALL Scuttle
13. The Mini-Scuttle
14. Leigh Morris was President in 1977. Mark Estes was Secretary & Treasurer.
15. CoALL Legal Institute
16. Georgia Briscoe
17. Tamara Tureson (then Tamara Smith)
18. Karen Selden
19. Holly Pinto (then Holly Kulikowski)
20. David Selden
21. Patty Wellinger and Karen Selden tied.
22. Gaye Ellen Roesch
23. After email and the listserv were in use, but before some members had easy access to either, CoALL (originally Cathy Pabich and Martha Keister) connected people who were without email to the listserv using alternative technologies Ė Martha says to ask Jane Thompson for details.
24. Frank Wilmot (Greenberg Traurig)
25. Megan Jens (
26. Esti Shay (DUís Westminster Law Library)