October 24, 1997; Jacksonville
Minutes of the Fall 1997 LLAA Meeting
- Stella Shackelford moved to waive the reading of the minutes. John Hightower seconded the motion.
- The president, Judy Hughes, called for a treasury report. None was given.
- The president called for any unfinished business. The scholarship committee moved to establish the LLAA education fund. The purposes of the fund were amended. By acclimation the following purposes for the fund were adopted by the body :
- Payment of AALL SEALL or LLAA meeting registration fees.
- Payment of LLAA or AALL membership dues.
- Providing Scholarship funds for persons who are or have been in the profession of law librarianship persuing MLS or JD degree along with the following criteria:
- Service to LLAA, SEALL or AALL
- Potential future benefit to the association
- The body also agreed that they should fund assets in the following ways:
- Set aside 10% of dues for Education Fund
- Donations from individuals and corporations and the associations.
- President called for nominations for parliamentarian. Tim Lewis nominated Sara Frins. Preston Peyton moved to close the nominations.
- Body discussed input from our chapter as a member of AALL. Also whether or not to have a board member of AALL come to a LLAA meeting while there is still no cost to the chapters for the priviledge.
- President called for discussion of how to increase attendance at the meetings. Tim Lewis proposed that the next meeting coincide with a Bar association meeting. CJ Jones proposed that the next meeting be in Gulf Shores, possibly the last week in April. Tim Lewis moved the the program be studied Helen Bush Caver seconded the motion.
- Body accepted proposal to appoint a committee to study an award mechanism.
- Body accepted proposal that the membership committee develop a membership packet.
- 1:45 Meeting adjourned.
Maintained by LLAA Webteam
© 2004-2005, LLAA