May 2, 1997; Montgomery
Minutes of the Spring 1997 LLAA Meeting
- Call to order 10:30 a.m.
- Minutes of last meeting read and approved with correction
- Old Business -- It was proposed and adopted that scholarship committee award one $250 scholarship annually and that the committee establish guidelines and criteria for awarding said scholarship.
- New Business -- By acclimation the body adopted the bylaws as corrected by the bylaws committee. By acclimation the body adopted the following nominating committee nominations and appointments:
- Nominating Committee: Tim Lewis, Lori Feld, Pat Smalls
- Bylaws Committee: Janice Franks, Virginia Hare, Robin Holaman
- Membership Committee: Donna Chow, Sarah Frins
- Newsletter Committee Terry Psarras, Preston Peyton
- Continuing Education/Program Committee: Lori Feld, Virginia Hare, Tim Lewis
- Scholarship/Grants Committee: Ed Craig, James Gernerd
- An LLAA Web Page was proposed by Terry Psarras and adopted by the body after a discussion of the merits and possible contents of same.
- Following lunch, Tim Lewis and Lori Feld gave a presentation on how to handle law library conflicts; and Gary Lewis of the Alabama New South Coalition facilitated a discussion on how law librarians might become more civically involved. Following the discussion Mr. Lewis proposed LLAA draft a resolution to memorialize the organization's commitment to become more civically involved. No action was taken on this proposal.
- 2:10 p.m. Meeting Adjourned
Maintained by LLAA Webteam
© 2004-2005, LLAA