Steve Lastres , Chair
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
919 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022-3916
To provide educational programs, speakers, seminars and classes to promote the profession of law librarianship, to develop and increase the usefulness and efficiency of law libraries, to provide for the further professional education of law librarianship and to foster a spirit of cooperation among the members of the profession.
- Provide a forum for discussion of techniques, skills and problems in the workplace.
- Offer opportunities to discuss new techniques and/or developments.
- Insure a wide spectrum of programming such as providing general interest topics that are not directly related to law libraries, (financial planning, stress management, etc.) as well as educational programs for professional development to meet the needs of the various constituencies of members.
- Insure that all types of law libraries are represented by Committee members.
- The committee will request program ideas annually from the general membership.