Home > About Us > Bylaws & Procedures > Board Procedures
Board of Directors Procedures
- Consists of the president, vice president/president elect, secretary, treasurer, past president, and all committee chairs.
- Generally meets four times annually before each quarterly meeting of the association. Additional meetings may be called as needed.
- Receives, considers and approves as appropriate recommendations from the officers, the committee chairs, and the membership.
- Prepares agendas for the quarterly meetings.
- Responds to the Secretary's request for additions or corrections within one week of receiving any draft copies of meeting minutes.
- Assists the vice president/president elect in appointing committee chairs for the following year with due consideration to geographical distribution, type of library, experience, and level of skill required.
- Approves all major expenses.
- Sets prices for chapter publications.
- Performs such additional responsibilities as specified in the chapter articles of incorporation and bylaws.
Revised: August 1997