On Friday, October 8th, 2010, LLAW will host a day-long educational institute at the Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The theme for the conference is The Strength of Change and LLAW is very pleased to have Professor Robert C. Berring, Walter Perry Johnson Professor of Law, University of California, Berkeley, as the keynote speaker. Professor Berring will address the changing landscape of the legal research industry. Has the time of change for legal research and research in general finally arrived?
The dual-track event will have sessions appropriate for all types of librarians. Program topics include:
- emerging theories about legal research education
- the future of legal publishing, including new information platforms for lawyers and law students
- preparing job ready attorneys
- IT department and library partnerships
- library documentation strategies
- differing generations and work styles
- librarian career development and advancement tools
We hope that you are able to attend this exciting professional development event. It will be a great opportunity to discuss the important issues affecting law librarianship and legal research currently and to discover how to prepare for what the future holds. A list of attendees who would like CLE credit for attending the Institute will be submitted to the Office of Lawyer Registration.