of past meetings
of future meetings
1. The Education Committee shall consist of the two chapter Directors
and such additional members as the President shall designate. Selection
of the additional members should be based on such factors as geographical
distribution and type of library to ensure broad representation.
The senior Director shall serve as Committee Chairperson.
2. The Education Committee shall set long range program goals, arrange
for host libraries, and provide assistance in program planning and local
arrangements as requested. Hosts, tentative dates, and suggested
topics should be scheduled two to three years in advance. Six months
to one year prior to the meeting, the host librarian and chairperson of
the Education Committee shall reconfirm the location, date, and subject
of the program.
3. The Education Committee shall solicit program ideas from the
general membership and attempt to arrange for programs of greatest interest
to the current membership.
4. The Education Committee shall plan three programs annually, at
the Fall, Midwinter and Spring meetings. The Committee shall attempt
to alternate programs on substantive legal projects with those on various
aspects of law librarianship. The one-day Midwinter meeting is usually
held jointly with ABLL in the Boston area, while the Fall and Spring meetings
may be held at any agreed upon location.
5. The Education Committee shall coordinate its planning with that
of other nearby chapters in order to arrange joint meetings when feasible.
6. The Committee chairperson shall provide the Executive Committee
and editor of LLNE News with a list of forthcoming programs.