Charitable Giving Guidelines
Catherine M. Biondo, chair
Legal Reference Librarian
Northeastern University School of Law Library
400 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Ms. Nicole Dyszlewski
Maine State Law & Legislative Reference Library
43 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0043
Access Services Assistant
University of Connecticut School of Law Library
39 Elizabeth St
Hartford, CT 06105-2287
Digital & Bibliographic Resources Librarian
Boston University Pappas Law Library
765 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215
The Service Committee shall consist of a chair, or co-chairs,
and such additional members as the President shall
2. Recognizing that law librarians have unique skills to offer to the
New England community and to foster a spirit of cooperation among the
membership, the Service Committee shall identify, publicize and promote
volunteer and community service activities for the members of LLNE.
3. The Service Committee shall assist the Executive
Committee with distribution of any funds to charitable or other
nonprofit institutions, consistent with the LLNE
Suggestions/Join: Do you have a suggestion for a project which the Service Committee
can organize for the membership? Interested in learning more about Service Committee activities? Please contact the committee chair.
Upcoming & Ongoing Events:
2013/2014 Service Initiatives Coming Soon!
- Food Drive for the Greater Boston Food Bank: Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England. GBFB works to acquire, store, organize and distribute food through local food pantries, community meal programs, homeless and residential shelters, youth programs, senior centers, and day-care centers embedded in communities throughout the nine counties of eastern Massachusetts. The LLNE Service Committee collected donations of nonperishable food at the Fall and Spring meetings.
- Help for NY and NJ Libraries impacted by Hurricane Sandy:
Hurricane Sandy hit the Atlantic Coast five miles southwest of Atlantic City, New Jersey, on the evening of October 29, 2012. Numerous public libraries in New Jersey and New York’s coastal areas sustained extensive damage from flooding and debris. To assist our neighbors in their recovery efforts, LLNE collected funds to donate to the New Jersey and New York Library Associations’ disaster relief funds.
Library Children's Collection Book Drive: The LLNE Service Committee collected 26 books and $60 in monetary donations to benefit the Prosser Library in Bloomfield, CT. The library had lost half of its children collection due to water damage. Many thanks to LLNE members for their generous donations!
- Coats for Kids Drive
- NAMI Walkathon Team met its fundraising goal of $200, thanks to team captain Ginny McVarish and walkers Carolyn Michaud, her brother and daughter.
- Dress for Success Drive at LLNE Spring Meeting: Two large carloads of clothes were donated thanks to the generous donations of LLNE members.
- Mandeville College of Law in Jamaica: The Law Library was wiped out in a hurricane and LLNE members were asked to donate books and journals.
for Hunger 2004! The LLNE Service Committee raised $896 at
our Third Annual Walk for Hunger, Sunday, May 2, 2004.
Thanks to everyone who pledged or walked for your support of Project
Day April 24, 2004: A group from LLNE worked along the Charles
River in Boston as part of the annual Charles River Clean up. Thanks
to all who joined in!
about the LLNE Service Committe in the AALL Spectrum, June
Public Relations column, at page 8.
for Hunger 2003: LLNE Walkers raised
over $600 on Sunday May 3 to help end Hunger right here in New England!
- LLNE Spring Meeting 2003 Service Committee Table
- At the
Pine Street Inn on January 19, 2003 and on March
9, 2003, an enthusiastic group from LLNE had a great time serving
- On January
25, 2003, a group from LLNE sorted and sent books to prisoners
with the Prison Book Program.
Service Committee coordinated book drives for America Reads in Boston
and Literacty Volunteers of Great Hartford in Connecticut for the 2002
holiday season. Thanks to all who donated.
LLNE members recently assisted the Prison
Books Progam at their annual Pack-A-Thon!
Event: The Walk for Hunger,
on Sunday May 5, 2002! The Service Committee organized a group from
LLNE which participated in this annual fundraiser.
Opportunities in New England: The Committee collects links to
volunteer organizations and opportunities throughout New England for
publication on the LLNE website.