Research Instruction Program
Announcing the LLNE
LEGAL RESEARCH INSTRUCTION PROGRAM
Five weeks of hands-on instruction in the basic skills and materials of legal research, taught by experienced law librarians from the membership of the Law Librarians of New England (LLNE).
Days: Five Tuesday Evenings
Dates: March 18 to April 15, 2014
Times: 5:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Harvard Law School Library
1545 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138-2903
Topics covered include:
Course fee: $150
- Overview of the US legal system
- Introduction to legal research methods, including using secondary sources
- The role of case law, the courts and case finding tools, such as digests
- The organization of statutes, and conducting a legislative history
- Finding regulations and getting an understanding generally of administrative law
- Finding transactional law documents
- Putting everything together with legal research strategy
Registration deadline, Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Registration form is available in PDF or Word format.
A detailed course syllabus is available on the LLNE web site.