MAALL Travel Grant Information
MAALL Travel Grant Criteria
1. MAALL Membership;
2. Usefulness of the meeting to the applicant;
3. Contribution of the applicant to MAALL and/or AALL;
4. Potential or proven ability of the applicant;
5. Newer law librarians may receive special consideration as an encouragement to them to establish relationships and get involved in MAALL;
6. An individual may receive no more than one travel grant every five years with the exception of the MAALL Newsletter editor;
7. Previous travel grant recipients will be considered, especially office holders or speakers;
8. The travel grant will be paid to the recipient at the annual meeting;
9. Travel grant recipients will be required to write an article for the MAALL Markings newsletter.
Liz Glankler Travel Grant Criteria
Liz Glankler was an active member of MAALL and served the Association as webmaster, listserv manager, Chair of the Internet Committee and as a member-at-large to the MAALL Executive Board. In 2012, the MAALL Executive Board approved naming one of the travel grants in the memory of Liz Glankler.
1. The grant will be awarded to a MAALL member who is actively involved in the promotion, development or application of technology in law librarianship;
2. Applicants for the Liz Glankler Travel Grant will use the established travel grant application procedures.
Jo Ann Humphreys Travel Grant Criteria
Jo Ann Humphreys was an active member of MAALL and served as the MAALL Secretary for five years. In 1996, the MAALL Executive Board approved naming one of the travel grants in her honor.
1. The grant will be awarded to one officer, committee chair, newsletter editor or webmaster each year;
2. It will be used to assist someone who is particularly active in MAALL;
3. Applicants for the Jo Ann Humphreys Travel Grant will use the established travel grant application procedures.