MALL Listserv: MALL-L
All members in good standing will automatically be added as eligible users of the listserv by the Membership Committee. To view all previous postings, go to http://share.aallnet.org/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=mall-l. Your email address is your login.
To post messages to the list, send to firstname.lastname@example.org. New postings will go out via email to all members.
Discussion Forum Rules and Conditions
The following are the rules and conditions of participation in the Minnesota Association of Law Libraries (MALL) Discussion Forum. By subscribing to and participating in this Discussion Forum, users hereby agree to be bound by and warrant their full compliance with the following terms of participation:
MALL does not generally monitor this Discussion Forum for inappropriate postings, and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting or unauthorized use of the Discussion Forum is brought to MALL attention, including but not limited to prohibited posting and usage as outlined herein, MALL will take all appropriate action, in its sole discretion. MALL reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, the Discussion Forum access of any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
- This Discussion Forum is a service provided by MALL in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax-exempt purposes. This Discussion Forum may be used only by MALL members and only for the purpose of discussing matters related to or arising out of the law librarian profession represented by MALL.
- MALL accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Discussion Forum by others. MALL disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Discussion Forum, whether posted by MALL or others. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall MALL be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this Discussion Forum.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal information or material, and do not utilize the Discussion Forum in any illegal manner. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Do not use any words, logos or other marks that would infringe upon the trademark, service mark, certification mark, or other intellectual property rights of the owners of such marks without the permission of such owners. Do not post any confidential information or any information that would infringe upon the proprietary, privacy or personal rights of others.
- By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain. The posting party further warrants and represents that it otherwise has the full and unencumbered right to post such material and that such posting will not infringe any rights or interests of others. In addition, the posting party grants MALL and users of this Discussion Forum a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or material in any manner, without payment to the posting party.
- This Discussion Forum shall not be utilized in any manner that violates federal or state antitrust laws or other laws prohibiting anticompetitive practices. The antitrust laws generally prohibit any agreement or understanding inconsistent with the right and obligation of competitors to exercise independent business judgment in pricing their products or services, dealing with their customers and suppliers, and selecting the markets in which to compete. No express agreement or understanding is required; one can be inferred from statements or conduct. Do not post any information regarding specific prices or fees charged or paid, and do not post any information concerning prices, pricing practices, discounts, or other terms or conditions of sale either obtained by or offered to another entity. Do not post any information concerning market shares, salaries, costs, sales territories, profit margins, or encouraging the selection or rejection of customers or suppliers.
- All postings shall be of an informational nature and for informational purposes only. Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this Discussion Forum is prohibited. Do not use the Discussion Forum to solicit or conduct business, including the direct or indirect marketing of users' products or services, in any manner. The Discussion Forum may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.