|MichALL 2007 Annual Meeting Program:
Friday, May 11, 2007 Day One | Day Two"Proactive Librarianship"
||Registration & Breakfast
(Sponsored by LexisNexis)
||Proactive Librarianship: Knowledge, Innovation, and Leadership for Library Professionals
LaVentra Ellis Danquah, MLIS
Shiffman Medical Library
Wayne State University
The MichALL Business Meeting will be conducted during the last 30 minutes of lunch.
Welcome and Warm-Up
"Librarianship: The Changing Profession"
- Overview of industry trends and patron expectations
- Your personal response to a changing environment
"Innovation, Creativity, & Risk-Taking"
- Assessing personal leadership skills
- Developing cross-generational working relationships
- Promoting library services
"Making the Connection"
- Personal reflections on the profession
- Image management
- Professional planning and development