Supervisor of Technical Services; Paul Hastings LLP; Los Angeles
The Supervisor of Technical Services supervises the staff and workflows of Knowledge Management’s Information Resource Management Technical Services function.
In this capacity, the Technical Services Supervisor:
- Supervises the workflow, resources and priorities of Library Technicians; Supervises performance and sets goals, ensures continuous professional development; Performs quality assurance review of work product;
- Liaises with vendors to ensure accurate completion of library maintenance tasks;
- Oversees and develops standardized workflows within the Information Resource Management function and in collaboration with Finance to process invoices and cost recoveries and to generate audit reports; coordinates
with vendors concerning account issues;
- Oversees management of library print collections, including new acquisitions, renewals, and elimination of unused materials; collaborates with local staff in US offices on library relocations and print reduction initiatives;
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; MLS degree preferred;
- At least 4 years of experience in a professional services or law firm (preferred) library environment;
- At least 4 years of Library-related technical services experience, including vendor relationships, accounts payable and cost recoveries;
- At least 4 years of supervisory experience, with remote team supervision preferred;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, specifically MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced abilities in coordinating workflows across various offices with Library Technician staff, and planning and executing projects within time and budget constraints through to completion;
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable standards, cost recoveries and associated procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of law firm library technical services functions, particularly management of print collections.
Paul Hastings LLP is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information and to apply, visit https://careers.phextranet.com/psp/APPLICANT/APPLICANT/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?&SiteId=1