Knowledge Management Manager; LAC Group; Los Angeles
LAC Group seeks a Knowledge Management (KM) Manager to optimize and develop the Knowledge Management resources for our client, a nation-wide law firm’s Los Angeles office. We are looking for a dynamic individual with relevant KM
experience to initiate and manage KM initiatives firm-wide. Competitive compensation and benefits package provided.
- Manage internal and external resources responsible for acquiring and disseminating electronic and print content to the Firm for legal and business research purposes; manage team performance and set goals;
- Manage the service, contracts and relationships with the online research vendors, print content, print management, and library administration;
- Optimize the budget, develop standards for collection development and cost recoveries, oversee the Firm’s knowledge collection and acquisition policies;
- Oversee enhancement of the Firm’s use of web technologies to promote and disseminate information for legal and business research purposes;
- Promote and provide KM resources to support legal and business research;
- Handle additional related projects as necessary.
Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Advanced degree (MLS, MLIS) in library science, library information science or related field (preferred);
- At least five years of experience in a law or business library;
- At least three years of supervisory experience, for multiple locations, whether of internal employees or external resources (preferred);
- At least three years of experience in library contract and vendor management;
- At least two years of experience in use of database and web technology;
- Expert proficiency in integrated library management systems;
- Advanced proficiency in online research and legal databases;
- Proficiency in collaboration applications (SharePoint preferred);
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Expert knowledge of law library management;
- Advanced knowledge of vendor management, procurement and contract administration standards and practices;
- Previous experience or educational background in Knowledge Management is highly preferred.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/8Ro8N3
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce