Cataloger; LAC Group; Laguna Beach
LAC Group seeks for immediate consideration, a Cataloger for a short term project in Laguna Beach, CA. This project provides cataloging services for an academic institution
focusing on the arts.
- Original cataloging of monographic works, exhibition catalogs, DVDs and serials with use of OCLC Connexion;
- Create additional derivative records, if needed;
- Create and/or update Constant Data for use in OCLC Connexion;
- Maintain active communications with library staff;
- Other duties as directed.
- ALA-accredited Masters Degree in Library or Information Science or equivalent experience;
- Previous cataloging experience required in an academic environment using L.C. classification, OCLC;
- Must be fluent in English language;
- Knowledge of national cataloging standards and practice including AACR2 and MARC21 formats; familiarity with AAT preferred.
- Familiarity cataloging art and design materials, preferred;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction;
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to catalog Chinese language materials, if needed.
For immediate consideration, pleas apply at
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms,
pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.