Procurement Services Technician; Ninth Circuit Library, United States Court of Appeals; San Francisco
Office of the Circuit Librarian
Ninth Circuit Library, United States Court of Appeals
Job Announcement - #2012-6-USCA9Lib
Position: Procurement Services Technician, Court Personnel System Classification Level (CL) 24.
Position Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Salary Range: $40,673-$50,858: Expected starting salary range, based on experience and qualifications.
$40,673-$66,136: Full annual salary range.
Closing Date: Consideration of applications begins on July 16; position open until filled.
Location: San Francisco, California.
This position provides support for procurement and financial functions of the Ninth Circuit Library.
- Prepares payment vouchers for law books, goods, services, and travel reimbursements.
- Reconciles vendor statements and invoice discrepancies via e-mail and telephone contact with vendors and library staff.
- Monitors local office supply levels, coordinates requests, prepares requisitions, and receives supply purchases.
- Maintains property database and assists with property reconciliations.
- Performs photocopying and distribution of financial documents.
- Maintains procurement records and files.
- High school graduate or equivalent, plus two years of general office experience. Education above the high school level may be substituted for general office experience.
- One year of accounts payable experience.
- Must be able to lift and move boxes of supplies, and bend and access files in five-drawer cabinets.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or eligible to work for the federal government.
- One year of library experience.
- Experience with vendor contact via telephone and e-mail.
- Skill in the use of Windows-based personal computers and basic office applications software.
- Skill in use of standard office equipment.
- Aptitude for performing functions requiring a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- For an application form and additional information, please visit the Employment page on our website at: www.LB9.uscourts.gov.
- Only applicants selected to proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted. Once an applicant has been selected for the position, an update will be posted on our
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION
Federal court employees are not included in the government's civil service classification; however, they are entitled to the same benefits as other federal employees and some
additional benefits. These include: paid annual and sick leave; automatic enrollment in a retirement plan and in direct deposit of earnings; and optional enrollment in health benefits,
life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, tax-deferred savings, long-term care insurance, and long-term disability insurance programs.
This position has promotion potential to CL-25 within the Ninth Circuit Library system without competition.
The Ninth Circuit Library reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement, or to withdraw the announcement, without prior written or other notice.
In the event a position becomes vacant in a similar classification, within a reasonable time from the original announcement, the Circuit Librarian may elect to select the next top-rated
candidate from those who applied for the initial announcement without re-posting the position.
The applicant selected for this position is subject to a background check which includes fingerprinting.
The Court of Appeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer