Temporary Librarian; Paul Hastings LLP; Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Director of Knowledge Management, the Librarian is responsible for the public or technical library services of the office law library.
In this capacity, the Librarian will:
- Coordinate employee workflow for the public or technical library services;
- Monitor expenses and recoveries related to the library and make expense reduction recommendations where applicable;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as necessary;
- Handle additional related projects as assigned;
- Oversee and provide library services including research, references, acquisitions, inter-library loans, and circulation;
- Track news and study legislation and cases related to the Firm’s practice;
- Develop and implement training programs for all library clients;
- Manage the design and implementation of the Integrated Library Management System; Supervise the use of the system; Prepare related training materials and conduct training;
- Review and approve bibliographic records submitted by library staff members for inclusion in the catalog database; Maintain library invoice files and expenditures database; and
- Investigate technical problems and collaborate with library staff members to formulate solutions.
In addition, the Librarian will be expected to have:
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Expert-to-Advanced knowledge of the principles of cataloging and legal bibliography;
- Expert-level proficiency in online research and legal databases such as Lexis, Westlaw Business (LivEdgar), Questel/Orbit.com, Practical Law Company, and CCH Intelliconnect;
- Expert-level proficiency in Integrated Library Management Systems;
- Expert knowledge of Anglo-American Cataloging Rules and other relevant standards;
- Expert knowledge of Library of Congress Subject Headings, Classification, and Rule Interpretations; and
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to:
- Advanced degree in library science, library information science or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in a law or business library; and
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience (preferred).
Please apply online at www.paulhastings.com.
Paul Hastings LLP is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.