Director of Archives and Asset Management - Santa Monica, CA
LAC Group is seeking an energetic Director of Archives and Asset Management for our reputable media client in Santa Monica, CA to work with archiving and preservation of assets including film, video, and audio. The Director is responsible for overseeing a staff of archivists, both onsite and offsite, handling film, tape and digital assets on a daily basis as well as engaging in long-term strategic planning for the storage, migration and conservation of the analog and digital assets. The Director will participate in efforts to coordinate digital archiving and metadata strategies companywide including planning for storage, preservation and migration of both physical and digital assets into the future.
- Responsible for establishing company-wide archiving policy and practices
- Manage and supervise a department of sixteen archivists on two coasts
- Prepare & implement budgets for storage and preservation needs of the archive
- Work with internal departments and outside vendors to develop and standardize an archival database for search and retrieval
- Oversee transition to new archival database in 2013
- Develop strategies for digital archiving and the transition to a tapeless preservation workflow
- Direct preservation and migration projects for analog assets
- Oversee storage of assets at facilities in United States and abroad
- Track storage conditions and uphold best practices for packing, storage and retrieval of assets
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://goo.gl/FD3fI.
- Advanced degree in library science/film archiving is preferred
- Minimum seven years archiving/preservation experience, three of which managing and supervising a large staff
- Exceptional database skills and familiarity with metadata practices and standards. Knowledge of Xytech and other media asset management software required
- Knowledge of conservation and preservation practices
- An understanding of post-production practices and digital workflows
- Must have management track record
- Must be detail-oriented with strong leadership, writing and organizational skills
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.