Library Technical Assistant; California Dept. of Justice; Sacramento
LIBRARY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT I
Day Shift [PSN: 420-041-1307-001](8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Monday - Friday
Legal Support Operations/Law Library
Submit by: November 13, 2014
Under the general direction of the Supervising Librarian I, the Library Technical Assistant
- receives and reviews incoming library mail and new library materials,
- enters detailed and accurate information into library DBText databases, and handles all subsequent technical processing, including labels, circulation cards, binders, etc.
- Follows detailed and varied procedures for incorporating updates and new materials into the library collection. Initiates or revises procedures to increase accuracy and
- Notes subscription problems and communicates with vendors/publishers and library headquarters staff to resolve these issues.
- Requires ability to track multiple ongoing problems at one time.
- Processes invoices for submission to library headquarters.
- Keeps track of pending purchase orders;
- keeps accurate circulation records.
- Checks for missing items and works with the Supervising Librarian I on further required action.
- Files loose leaf updates and supplements.
- Goes to the State Law Library and other libraries to borrow materials when needed,
- Keeps track of due dates and returns or renews items in time to avoid overdue charges.
- Incumbent will assist the Supervising Librarian I with inter-library loans from other sources when necessary.
EXAMPLES OF DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work cooperatively,
- ability to work independently,
- excellent interpersonal skills,
- excellent oral and written skills,
- dependability, accuracy and attention to detail,
- initiative, and ability to prioritize assignments.
Failure to submit the following with your application package may result in elimination from the hiring process:
State Application (STD 678) - Clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility in the Explanation section located at the bottom of page one.
WHO MAY APPLY:
DOJ and other: Individuals who are currently in this classification, eligible for lateral transfer, reachable on a current employment list for this classification, or former
state employees with reinstatement eligibility.
ADDITIONAL JOB RELATED INFORMATION:
The following is a list of additional features related to this job opportunity.
- A fingerprint check will be required.
- A 60-day candidate pool will be established for subsequent vacancies.
SUBMIT APPLICATION PACKAGES TO:
Department of Justice
Division of Administrative Support
1300 I Street Suite 820
Sacramento, CA 95814
ATTN: Selina Sosa
California Relay (Telephone) Service for the Deaf or Hearing-Impaired: From TDD Phones: 1-800-735-2929 From Voice Phones: 1-800-735-2922
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because
the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the state, civil service rules, and the special trust placed in public servants.
An equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
Employment provisions in the Department of Human Resources' State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. Current or future Executive Orders relating to filling positions
may also affect this process.
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified may be interviewed. In order to ensure the most qualified candidate pool, applications received after the final filing date
may be considered.