Research Specialist; Jackson Lewis P.C.; Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego, Newport Beach, or Seattle
Position Announcement: Research Specialist
Location flexible: either Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, San Diego, Orange County (Newport Beach), or Seattle
Jackson Lewis P.C., a nationwide law firm of over 780 attorneys in 54 offices specializing in Employment and Labor law
on behalf of management, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Specialist to join its staff
of Information/KM professionals in a centralized Reference program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth legal, business, and financial research independently and in a team environment for attorneys, paralegals and staff throughout all offices of the Firm;
- Use appropriate online and print research resources to provide excellent practice support in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Utilize project management and planning skills to prioritize competing assignments, work within recognized budgetary constraints and consistently meet tight deadlines;
- Serve as KM Liaison to one or more of the firm’s Practice Groups in order to assist with the Practice Group’s broad structure and content-related needs.
Skills and educational requirements:
- Master of Library and Information Science degree from accredited institution;
- 3-5 years of Reference experience in law firm library or equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge of electronic legal and business products;
- Proficiency in use of California research resources;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of remote/centralized team;
- Able to perform at high level under pressure with minimal supervision;
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- General understanding of databases and MS Office applications.
Jackson Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age,
religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit resume to KMInfoRecruiting@jacksonlewis.com. No calls, please.