Legal Research Librarian; Walt Disney Company; Burbank
Job Posting Title: Legal Research Librarian - Project Hire
Job Description: At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the
forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting
Company from the most interesting point of view.
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is seeking a temporary Law Librarian to provide 4 – 6 months of coverage for Library staff during a leave of absence. The Law Librarian will support the Company’s Legal Departments and be responsible
for coordinating day-to-day operations of the Law Library, performing in-depth legal and business research, and training Legal personnel on the use of print and online research resources.
- Perform in-depth legal and business research as requested by Legal personnel using a wide range of online research services, including LexisNexis, Courtlink, PACER, BNA, and other resources as required;
- Manage the Law Library’s print and online subscriptions, including processing invoices for Burbank, New York and Orlando Law library collections in SAP;
- Train attorneys and staff on the appropriate use of print and online resources;
- Manage vendor relationships for online resources and print subscriptions;
- Maintain the Law Library’s Burbank print collection, including acquisition, cataloging, invoicing and filing of materials; and
- Manage the Law Library’s SharePoint website, including keeping lists of research resources and relevant materials, such as Law Firm Memo Updates, up-to-date.
- 5 years minimum experience in a law library work performing legal and business research;
- Extensive knowledge on online legal and business research services, such as LexisNexis, Courtlink, PACER, and other online services;
- Technologically savvy, including proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet Explorer, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse staff on an international level;
- Solid problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills;
- Commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Master of Library or Information Science required.
Job Posting Industries: Corporate
Additional Information: This position is with the legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location-City: Burbank
Primary Location-State: CA
Primary Location-Country: US
Auto req ID: 243911BR
To Apply: https://xjobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25348&siteid=5039&jobid=245577