Library and Market Researcher; Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell; San Francisco
Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell's San Francisco office is seeking a Library and Market Researcher. See below for more information on this position. Please send your resume and salary requirements via email to JKrikorian@jmbm.com.
Provides research services, competitive intelligence and marketing research to lawyers and staff Firmwide. Maintains the San Francisco Office Library.
Reports to the Directors of Information Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a wide variety of in-depth as well as quick reference research services for lawyers and staff utilizing both electronic and print resources Firmwide.
- Monitor the various news sources for articles mentioning the Firm or are of interest to the lawyers.
- Monitor firm’s key industry sectors, clients and prospective clients and related news sources to identify and communicate information about potential opportunities for new work/clients to marketing team and/or relevant attorneys.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the latest research methods and tools and evaluate the effectiveness of the firm’s current tools and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in capturing, analyzing and disseminating Firm litigation/dispute resolution, deal and other substantive experience as appropriate.
- Produces weekly summary of the news articles mentioning the Firm.
- Processes the California complaints that involve the Firm’s clients as defendants.
- Handles all phases of interlibrary loan and document retrieval service in the San Francisco Office.
- Stays current on research technologies by keeping up with professional literature and other appropriate means.
- Bills for time as appropriate.
- Handles day to day maintenance tasks such as processing mail, checking in and routing newsletters, shelving books, etc.
- Ability to deal professionally and possess demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability and commitment to interact effectively with a diverse clientele both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized manner and to prioritize and complete projects rapidly and efficiently, yet thoroughly.
- Demonstrate expertise in legal and corporate research techniques using both print and electronic resources.
- Ability to evaluate websites and electronic research resources from substantive and technical perspectives.
- Demonstrate customer service orientation and proactive creative approach to marketing library and research services.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with coworkers in other offices.
- Other duties as required including varied writing and editing assignments.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS required, ALA Master’s Degree preferred, and two years law library experience preferred. Experience with Lexis, Westlaw and other online resources are beneficial.