Public Services Librarian; Pepperdine School of Law; Malibu
The Pepperdine University School of Law, Harnish Law Library is seeking a highly-motivated, creative-thinking person with excellent communication skills for the position of Public Services Librarian. The Public Services Librarian provides excellent customer service to all library users while managing day-to-day operations of the Public Services Department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and professional library experience;
- excellent oral and written communication skills;
- strong public service orientation and commitment to offering exceptional customer service;
- ability to maintain pleasant professionalism and display good judgment when interpreting policies and explaining procedures;
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- regular use of pc-based computers, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), fax machines, printers, copiers.
- ALA-accredited Master's in Library Science;
- Two years experience in an academic library setting, especially in a Public Services position;
- experience supervising staff and/or student assistants in an academic setting;
- creative thinker when planning events, creating displays, and producing signage to effectively market in the library;
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of users and staff across all library, law school, and university departments;
- ability to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment with regular interruptions;
- experience with an integrated library system, such as OCLC WMS.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
For the full job description and to apply, please visit:https://jobs.pepperdine.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1425942747407