Market and Competitive Intelligence Analyst; LAC Group; Los Angeles or New York
LAC Group is seeking a professional Market and Competitive Intelligence Analyst to work on an on-going assignment at corporate law firm. This position will work on-site from either the firm’s Los Angeles or New York
City office. The Market and Competitive Intelligence Analyst is responsible for developing research to support the firm's growth strategies, business development, client service, and strategic initiatives. Success in this
position will require the ability to synthesize complex data and information into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to internal customers. Also critical to
success is the ability to prioritize projects and priorities and collaborate with a virtual team to manage workflow. The Analyst will work closely with Marketing and Business Development, attorneys and Library Staff. The analyst
will help in the development of processes, tools and outputs that support market and competitive intelligence, and help evaluate electronic resources used to support the function.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Lead the firm's day-to-day CI efforts, providing quality research and analytical support for firm-wide business development and client service efforts;
- Support strategic initiatives, business development and marketing strategies by monitoring news-intelligence sources and conducting in-depth research and analysis of companies, industries, marketplaces, and competitors; develop
insights and communicate recommendations and applicable information to internal customers. Help configure alerts for internal customers in services such as Manzama;
- Work with a team of remote staff to distribute and manage CI workflow and perform quality checks;
- Support both project-based and on-going strategic and business planning activities through market research and analytics, data analysis, and collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development department and Library staff;
- Monitor developments in the MCI field, develop best practices, and make recommendations for modifications and improvements to the firm’s efforts.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services competitive/market intelligence function;
- Strong analytical and business writing skills and a demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into succinct and useful strategic insight, and make persuasive recommendations on business development actions;
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, competitive intelligence tools and processes;
- Knowledge and experience conducting Internet-based research using tools such as Capital IQ, Courtlink, Monitor Suite, Manzama, Pitchbook and others is desired;
- Ability to achieve results by working cross-functionally and collaboratively across the firm, including scoping and managing projects with cross-department teams;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, judge priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure, as well as review other team members’ work;
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Strong presentation skills and experience coaching senior professionals are helpful;
- Strong skills working with MS Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to build relationships with personnel at all levels;
- Strategic, creative, analytical thinking; intellectual curiosity is a must;
- Self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; advanced degree (M.B.A. or relevant graduate degree) highly preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in legal or professional services required, preferably in competitive intelligence or similar management role;
- Experience in collection, analysis, and synthesis of data and research into insights used to develop recommendations for business development and marketing;
- Experience managing a team of remote staff preferred.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/xXmTCt
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions,
National Libraries and prominent government agencies.