Business Intelligence Research Specialist; Sheppard Mullin; Los Angeles
Contact email: email@example.com
Date posted: February 11, 2013
We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Research Specialist. The preferred location for this position is our Los Angeles office.
The Business Intelligence Research Specialist will work closely with Research & Information Services (Library) and Marketing & Business Development and have responsibility for conducting research and analysis to support
the Firm’s competitive intelligence efforts. Specific duties will include ongoing research to identify trends, creating business intelligence reports, and proactively tracking, monitoring, analyzing, marketing, and
disseminating data focusing on areas of practice and industry. Successful candidates will possess a devotion to customer service, creative thinking, innovation, and team work and the ability to prioritize and complete
multiple projects with varying levels of difficulty.
- Become proficient and be responsible for overall management of the delivery of non-legal research, analytics projects, and current awareness information.
- Create, customize, and monitor alerts and reports for business lead generation using programs such as WestlawWatch, Manzama, Lexis, S&PCapitalIQ, YahooNews, etc.
- Work closely with practice group leaders, business development managers, and librarians to identify and create relevant alerts.
- Maintain and manage end user accounts on the various systems used for research.
- Provide backup monitoring for litigation practice business lead generation.
- Conduct general business research (market-share, finances, rankings, international finance, etc…).
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on the systems used to for research and analytics.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree is required. Some post-graduate studies preferred.
- Excellent online analytical and research skills including experience using industry specific tools such as Lexis/Nexis, Monitor, CapitallQ, Hoover’s, and ALM Research Online among others.
- Proven proficiency with Word, Excel, and research databases (such as Lexis, Westlaw, Loislaw, Bloomberg, Dialog, etc…) is required.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively is paramount.
- Competitive intelligence research experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work extra hours upon request.
Please e-mail resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (213) 617-5584. Principals only. EOE.