Reference Librarian; Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP; Century City
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck LLP currently seeks a talented and experienced Reference Librarian for our Los Angeles office. This position will provide research support and outreach for all offices and work as a member
of a firm-wide research team. The position also participates in training, collection development and special projects that enhance information services offered by the department.
The successful candidate will be organized, detail oriented and a team player. Excellent communication skills both in conversation and writing are also required. The flexibility to juggle multiple daily requests, technical
service tasks and long-term projects is a necessary skill.
- Conduct business, legal, legislative and regulatory research, with an in-depth working knowledge of California specific legal, legislative, environmental, and business resources
- Provide orientation and assistance to users of both physical and electronic library resources
- Handle daily technical services responsibilities (mail check-in, routing, some filing, shelving)
- Request and manage interlibrary and interoffice loans for California offices
- Develop documentation and training materials for library research and electronic
resource instruction programs
- Assists in content upkeep for the library’s intranet page
- Remain current on technological applications and best practices relevant to providing high quality library and research services
- MLS/MLIS required
- Minimum of 5 years of legal reference and research experience
- Monthly travel to the other California offices is required
- Experience in a large law firm, or comparable environment, preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Knowledge of major legal and non-legal related databases, including WestlawNext, Lexis Advance, Bloomberg Law, Intelliconnect, HeinOnline, etc.
Please submit letter and resume to Kaylyn Scott, HR Department, email@example.com.