Research Analyst; LAC Group; Los Angeles, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or Orange County
LAC Group is seeking a full-time, permanent Research Analyst for our client, an international law firm. The Research Analyst is responsible providing research services to the entire Firm. This position will provide
research services during second shift (afternoon until evening) from Sunday through Thursday (will work from home on Sundays and will work in the office Mondays - Thursdays). The Research Analyst role can be located in any of the
firm’s California offices (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Silicon Valley or Orange County).
Research and References:
- Conduct efficient and cost effective research and reference support to attorneys and legal assistants using the most appropriate online and print sources;
- Instruct patrons in use of materials in the Research Services collection, including online databases;
- Develop liaison relationship with Practice Groups by attending PG meetings;
- In conjunction with the Manager of Research and Competitive Intelligence and the Manager of Training and Outreach services organize online database training for attorneys and paralegals;
- In conjunction with the Manager or Research and Competitive Intelligence and the Manager of Training and Outreach Services develop research guides and pathfinders to collection;
- Meet with attorneys regarding anticipated research needs and products;
- Produce current awareness newsletters and alerts and monitor legislative issues for attorneys;
- Research topics for attorneys writing articles and presenting speeches;
- Obtain documents and books from outside sources via telephone calls, orders, documents from agencies, courts, document retrieval services and other libraries.
- Track and record billable and non-billable time spent providing research services to library clients on a daily basis and promptly process requests;
- Supervise the operation of part time filers;
- Implement Research Services policies that are created by the Research Services Leadership Team;
- Conduct local orientation with new attorneys in conjunction with the Manager of Training and Outreach Services;
- Promote Research Services to legal and administrative staff in assigned offices;
- Actively pursue continuing education opportunities and read professional literature to ensure that our research services are efficient, cost-effective and complete;
- Participates in professional conferences when scheduling permits;
- Occasional travel to other Firm offices;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with the Director of Library and Research Services, the Manager of Technical Services and the Collection Development Analyst to review the collection for acquisition/deselecting/weeding of materials and plan for space
issues and oversees shifting of collection.
Acquisition and Budgeting:
- Assist in the annual budgeting process as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent degree required;
- Two to five years of legal reference and research experience with deep and broad knowledge of the legal materials and databases used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and for business development efforts;
- Extensive legal and business research experience using both online and print resources;
- Well developed professional interpersonal skills;
- Customer service focused;
- Outstanding problem solving ability with outstanding organizational, management, and supervisory skills;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands, provide high levels of customer service and maintain a professional demeanor under stress.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/fUKPcw
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions,
National Libraries and prominent government agencies