Law Librarian; LAC Group; New York City, Washington, DC or Palo Alto, CA
LAC Group is seeking a Law Librarian to provide training and expert legal reference and research for our client, a prominent AM100 law firm. This position is full-time and can be worked from either the firm’s
New York City, Washington, DC or Palo Alto, CA offices.
- Provide expert-level of reference, research and support for local office(s) and act as a subject matter expert in specialized practice areas for all US offices;
- Deliver research training to Attorneys and Staff and assist in the development of new research and reference offerings;
- Evaluate information resources to optimize library collections in coordination with the Information Resource team;
- Compile and organize information obtained in print and electronic resources/databases;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as required and travel as needed; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned and additional library administrative tasks.
- Experience in Intellectual Property research and knowledge of related resources, which is preferred;
- Knowledge of Questel (or like Patent research service), Docket Navigator, Saegis, ProQuest Dialog;
- Expert proficiency in online research and legal databases;
- Expert proficiency in the English language, including punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills;
- Advanced proficiency in providing training on the use of electronic research platforms;
- Advanced proficiency in integrated library management systems;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Expert knowledge of legal and business research resources employed by global law firms;
- Advanced knowledge of specialized practice areas (preferred);
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory;
- Advanced degree (MLS, MLIS) in library science, library information science or related field (required);
- At least 3 years of experience providing reference and research, preferably in a law or business library;
- At least 3 years of experience providing training on use of electronic research platforms;
- At least 2 years of experience in specialized practice areas (preferred).
Apply at: http://goo.gl/woFa1G
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions,
National Libraries and prominent government agencies.