Legal Information Services Librarian; Riverside County Law Library; Riverside
Legal Information Services Librarian – Riverside - Part Time
This is a professional level position responsible for providing quality patron access services including:
- Provide legal reference service using a variety of print and electronic resources.
- Perform all patron access service functions including opening and closing procedures, conference room reservation, class registration and circulation of MCLE materials.
- Participate in space planning and collection development activities such as evaluating and recommending titles for acquisition, retention or withdrawal, and assist with maintaining and updating the collection.
- Participate in the production and maintenance of reference publications such as e-newsletter, research pathfinders, user guides, online tutorials and similar products.
- Participate in planning and developing educational programs including legal research and MCLE classes, community outreach and public service programs.
- Maintain library statistics, records and files as assigned.
- Perform other related work and special projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Required Qualifications
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library/information science or J.D.
- Three years of highly responsible or professional level library work experience, preferably in a law library.
Hours / Schedule
- Part-time, 15-19 hours per week (with possibility of becoming full time)
- Flexible hours within Library hours: 8am – 7pm, Monday thru Thursday; 8am – 5pm Friday; 9am – 1pm Saturday.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resumé to:Riverside County Law Library
Victoria Williamson, Director
3989 Lemon Street
Riverside, CA 92501