Web Services Librarian; Paul Hastings LLP; Los Angeles
The Web Services Librarian optimizes and maintains integrated library systems and related resources.
In this capacity, the Web Services Librarian will:
- Integrate and optimize resource management systems and related tools in collaboration with IT and Library Research/Information Resource teams;
- Maintain and update library web content and services;
- Provide information and resources to support online research for librarians and attorneys;
- Enhance and promote the use of electronic subscriptions through web technologies; Generate related reports and statistics;
- Develop and maintain best practices, procedures, and support documentation related to the management of electronic resources, web services, and other library technologies;
- Work beyond scheduled hours as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Expert proficiency in electronic resource management platforms (Onelog, Research Monitor);
- Advanced proficiency in integrated library management systems;
- Advanced proficiency in online research and legal databases (Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw);
- Advanced proficiency in collaboration applications (Microsoft SharePoint);
- Advanced proficiency in administering Inter/Intra/Extranet and other web technologies, particularly for legal-specific uses (Portal);
- Advanced proficiency in project management;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Advanced proficiency in English language usage, including punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of legal print and electronic information sources;
- Advanced knowledge of content licensing, subscription and disseminations rights and practices;
- Advanced knowledge of interface design principles and practical applications;
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory;
- Advanced knowledge of information architecture and web development technologies (HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Web 2.0 technologies, LibGuides);
- Fundamental knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications;
- Advanced degree (MLS, MLIS) in library science, library information science or related field (preferred);
- At least 5 years of experience in a law or business library;
- At least 5 years of experience in use of database and web technology;
- At least 3 years of internal marketing or training experience (preferred);
Please apply online at www.paulhastings.com/.
Paul Hastings LLP is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.