Competitive Intelligence Specialist; Nossaman LLP; Los Angeles
Nossaman LLP is seeking an accomplished, strategic researcher to assume the role of firm wide Competitive Intelligence (CI) Specialist. The CI Specialist is responsible for providing targeted competitive intelligence to identify
opportunities and assess risks for the Firm, and to deliver recommendations to individual attorneys, practice groups, and senior management. This challenging position will play a key role in developing strategic insights focused
on building/maintaining the Firm's market position, as well as supporting strategic planning, practice development, sales, and competitive response strategies. The position requires law firm and/or professional services experience.
This position reports to the Chief Business Development Officer.
- Develop, implement, and manage firm wide CI program and strategic initiatives in line with the Firm's Strategic Plan.
- Produce ongoing high-level deliverables with insights, implications, and recommendations that impact long-term competitive strategy. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, market and industry trend analysis,
prospective client research, competitor analysis, and other informative resources.
- Ability to identify, compile and synthesize large amounts of information and produce easy-to-understand, organized, and actionable summaries for Firm leadership. Must be comfortable delivering compelling and
effective presentations on these findings to partners and senior management.
- Partner with Firm management, individual attorneys/policy advisors, and the Firm's Business Development Department to identify new business opportunities with prospective and existing clients by researching
and analyzing business and industry trends – producing national, regional, and local reports depending on the need.
- Evaluate and recommend CI/analytical tools and business research databases; develop and maintain related alerts.
- Monitor legal market developments and news.
- Collaborate and work closely with other researchers on complex research projects and RFP’s.
- Bachelor's degree required;
- MBA, MLS, JD or an MA in a research intensive discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, market research, business intelligence, or related discipline.
- 3+ years of law firm experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent online research skills including experience using industry-specific tools such as Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, Courtlink, Monitor Suite, Manzama, Securities Mosaic, Law360, Courthouse News, Interaction,
and market intelligence databases.
- Strong project management skills with ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Experience in writing and managing business reports, statistical analysis summaries, and other related documentation.
- Ability to work with high profile attorneys; anticipate needs/ideas and solve problems as they arise; handle a heavy workload, competing priorities and multi-task effectively; and orchestrate change using diplomacy
- Detail-oriented with strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, and client service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Nossaman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Agency submissions by invitation only.
To apply, please go to: