Library Assistant; Sheppard Mullin; Los Angeles
Contact email: CS.LA@sheppardmullin.com
Date posted: February 11, 2016
Successful candidates will possess a devotion to customer service, creative thinking, innovation, and team work. This position will require someone with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects with varying degrees of
difficulty on a continual basis.
- Some college is required, a degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a law firm library is preferred.
- Experience with inventory control is preferred.
- Ability to directly interface with a large number of attorneys, secretaries, and outside vendors is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other office software is required.
- Some familiarity with Lexis, Westlaw, IntelliConnect, and other similar legal publisher databases is preferred.
- Good communication and writing skills is required.
- Ability to lift packages up to 50 pounds is generally required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Complaints Analyst in performing daily review and distribution of new lawsuit information to attorneys.
- Management of the Firm-wide library print collection.
- Intake processing of library materials using MS Access bases proprietary software.
- Resolve print subscription issues with internal accounting department and external publishers.
- Leads our print title reduction initiatives.
- Assists the Electronic Resources Librarian with password management.
- Assists librarians with online and print reference and research projects as needed.
- Maintains the Library’s event programming calendar.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to CS.email@example.com or fax to (213) 617-5584. EOE