Research Systems and Services Supervisor - Stinson Leonard Street LLP
Stinson Leonard Street LLP seeks an experienced Research Systems and Services Supervisor to join the Firm's Kansas City, MO office. The Research Systems and Services (RS&S) Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the department's operations primarily in the Kansas City office including reference and research support, technical services, training and collection maintenance. The Research Systems and Services Supervisor contributes to the planning and implementation of departmental initiatives and takes a leading role in the development of knowledge and information as a core business function by providing expertise in information resources and products. This position will also periodically oversee RS&S operations in several outlying offices as assigned by the Director.
This position will supervise direct reports in the Kansas City office.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Library and Information Science, or comparable degree.
- 7 years of experience in a law library.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency with relevant technology and online legal research, training, and the analysis of content and resources.
- Strong customer service orientation with the desire and ability to enhance attorney productivity.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills as well as a high level of professionalism and the ability to work well with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Skilled at organizing resources, defining a project and establishing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills in order to balance multiple projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement for the position.
Research and Resources Services
- Supervise Research Systems & Services staff and operations for appropriate office; regularly direct the work of staff and delegate projects where appropriate.
- Perform complex legal and non-legal research, competitive intelligence and current awareness services for clients, attorneys and staff; insuring consistent high level of quality and accuracy.
- Perform the role of Practice Division Resource Expert for the Firm's various practice divisions as assigned by the Director of Research Systems & Services.
- Facilitate and participate in orientation and training / ongoing education of attorneys and legal staff in online databases and RS&S resources.
- Document legal processes, procedures and terminology as well as research methods, techniques and sources of information.
- Analyze current collection and identify publications and services for purchase or cancellation.
- Evaluate new publications, services and computer applications for content, quality, currency, usability and value for purchase.
- Manage the appropriate upkeep, organization and maintenance of print collection.
- Facilitate access to online resources as necessary.
- Some travel may be required to other offices as necessary. (2-3 times per year.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Stinson Leonard Street is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We conduct criminal background checks of all individuals offered employment. For more information about Stinson Leonard Street, visit us at www.stinsonleonard.com.
Stinson Leonard Street LLP is a federal contractor. Information gathered through applicant Voluntary Self-Identification will be used periodically with various government agencies for statistical reporting and to measure the effectiveness of our Affirmative Action and EEO outreach efforts. All information is requested on a voluntary basis and will be kept confidential.
Go online to apply for this position.Added June 2, 2015
Research Librarian Position - Chamberlain Hrdlicka
Chamberlain Hrdlicka has an opening for a Research Librarian in their Houston office. For more information, see the job announcement. Added March 11, 2015
Research Librarian - Bryan Cave LLP
Bryan Cave LLP has an opening for a research librarian in their Kansas City office. If interested, please see the job posting on the Firm’s website.Added January 15, 2015
Positions are posted for 60 days or until the listed closing date. If you would like to post a position, please email the position description and contact information to Emily Lawson, Webmaster.