The WestPac listserv (no longer westpac-l) is an unmoderated discussion forum open to all current WestPac members, and others, with an interest in issues related to law librarianship in the western United States and Canada. Its primary role is to serve as a means of communication among the far flung members of the Western Pacific Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries, who reside primarily in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and Western Canada.
The WestPac listserv encourages participants to contribute messages that are likely to be of general interest to the group as a whole. Such messages might be informational or discuss issues particular to law librarianship, WestPac, or the law in the various WestPac states. Messages should be professional and educational in nature. Personal messages should be addressed to an individual, not broadcast to all subscribers. Commercial messages from businesses are not appropriate. All subscribers are asked to show courtesy and exercise tolerance in their postings, and to stay within the bounds of legality, propriety, and good taste.
WestPac members are automatically subscribed to the listserv unless they opt out.
- Go to http://share.aallnet.org/read/.
- Login and click "my forums."
- Locate the WestPac list and click the "Unsubscribe" button located next to the list name.
- To send messages to everyone on the list, send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- WestPac listserv subscribers agree to the AALL Discussion Forum Rules & Conditions. Please see http://www.aallnet.org/discuss/list_rules.asp.
To CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS
You can change your subscription email address or customize you profile settings at any time by logging in at http://share.aallnet.org/read/my_account/. For more information, visit http://www.aallnet.org/discuss/inst_sub.asp.
To CONTACT the LIST OWNER
Send an email to: email@example.com.