The WestPac listserv (no longer westpac-l) is an unmoderated discussion forum open to all current WestPac members, and others, with an interest in issues related to law librarianship in the western United States and Canada. Its primary role is to serve as a means of communication among the far flung members of the Western Pacific Chapter of the American Association of Law Libraries, who reside primarily in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and Western Canada.
The WestPac listserv encourages participants to contribute messages that are likely to be of general interest to the group as a whole. Such messages might be informational or discuss issues particular to law librarianship, WestPac, or the law in the various WestPac states. Messages should be professional and educational in nature. Personal messages should be addressed to an individual, not broadcast to all subscribers. Commercial messages from businesses are not appropriate. All subscribers are asked to show courtesy and exercise tolerance in their postings, and to stay within the bounds of legality, propriety, and good taste.
UPDATE November 2017: AALL migrated all of the chapter listservs to a new platform. Our new listserv address is email@example.com. Please use this address to send messages to the chapter.
WestPac members are automatically subscribed to the listserv unless they opt out.
- New messages may be sent by email, but they may take as long as 10 minutes to post for new subscribers. This is a security-related feature to help prevent spam.
- Messages sent through the website - http://listserv.aallnet.org/ - are not subject to the 10-minute delay, but use of the website requires you to register and set up a password.
- You may reply to listserv messages directly from your email client, but note that the reply will be sent to the entire group. To reply to the sender alone, you must manually change the addressee in the "to" line.
- Changing the frequency of messages: Every user can update how often they receive messages (i.e. real-time, daily digest) by logging into https://listserv.aallnet.org and clicking on "Subscriber's Corner" in the upper left-hand corner.
- All messages sent through WestPac's new listserv will be archived at https://listserv.aallnet.org/archives/WESTPAC.html. You may also access our listserv archive from the listserv's homepage. Please note, previous messages sent using the Lyris listserv platform were not migrated and will continue to reside on Lyris. You may still log in and access our old archive on Lyris at share.aallnet.org/read.
- WestPac listserv subscribers agree to the AALL Discussion Forum Rules & Conditions. Please see https://www.aallnet.org/discuss/list_rules.asp.
To CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS
You can change your subscription email address or customize you profile settings at any time by logging in at http://share.aallnet.org/read/my_account/. For more information, visit http://www.aallnet.org/discuss/inst_sub.asp.
To CONTACT the LIST OWNER
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.