1. Learn New Strategies and Techniques. This year's conference offers more than 70 educational programs and workshops. Return to your library energized and armed with new money-saving and innovative techniques and strategies to benefit your library and users.
2. Strengthen Your Network. Learn from the thousands of your colleagues attending the conference as you meet and discuss in between sessions, on the exhibit hall floor, or while exploring Chicago. You will be able to rely on your growing network of law librarians when you’re back in the office and struggling with a challenging user request or management situation.
3. Connect with Vendors. Get a leg up as you talk with vendors and preview new products and services in the exhibit hall. Nearly 100 vendors will display their services in Chicago, including legal publishers, bibliographic services, library suppliers, and much more.
4. Join the Profession. Newer members, you're not alone. The Conference of Newer Law Librarians (CONELL) welcomes newer AALL members, introduces you to the Association, and helps you meet colleagues who are also new to the profession. You'll start off the conference with an instant group of friends who will become a valuable network as you continue on in your career.
5. Advance Your Career. If you're looking for the next step in your law library career, be sure to visit the AALL Career Center in Chicago. Job seekers can explore current law library job listings, register your resume for potential employers to browse, drop off your resume with specific job openings, and schedule an interview for that perfect open position.