AALL is proud to offer online job and candidate searching as part of the Placement Office at the AALL Annual Meeting and Conference in Chicago.
Posting through the AALL Career Center
offers many benefits to employers and job seekers. Best of all, you don't have to be in Chicago for the AALL Conference, and you don't even have to be in the Placement Office to take part in the action!
Benefits for Employers:
- Online job postings streamline the posting process and management and make your job posting available 24/7 from any computer - whether the candidates are in Chicago or not.
- The resume database provides a searchable pool of qualified talent from across the country - not just from the conference.
- Resume agents automatically send new resumes directly to your inbox based on pre-determined criteria, taking some of the work out of your candidate search.
Benefits for Job Seekers:
- Online job search and application allow you to save jobs for review later and email positions to yourself or to a friend.
- Post your resume online and make it available for employers to review - confidentially if you choose - whether you plan to be at the AALL Conference or not. You can also upload work samples, references, letters of recommendation or certification, cover letters, etc., and make them available for employers to view. Only employers who post jobs on the Career Center will have access to your resume.
- Job agents automatically send new jobs directly to your inbox based on pre-determined criteria, taking some of the work out of your job search.
Job seekers can post their resumes at any time. Be sure to note on your resume if you plan to be in Chicago for the AALL conference and will be available for interviews.
Employers can start posting their jobs on July 13 on the AALL Career Center.
Both job seekers and employers can access the AALL Career Center online from any computer with an internet connection. Computers will also be available in the Placement Office for searching and posting jobs and resumes.
Resume posting and job searching is FREE for job seekers.
We offer a special 10-day package on the Career Center during the conference at a rate of $50 for AALL members and $100 for nonmembers. To take advantage of this discount, please select "AM2016" from the list of Career Center Packages starting July 15. Alternatively, employers can purchase 30 or 60 day packages at the regular Career Center rates. If you are attending the meeting in Chicago, you must add "AM2016" to your position title so that you are easily identifiable to candidates.
Employers may supply a shorter version of the job description that will be posted on the bulletin boards in the Placement Office for free.
Please note that if you do not post your job on the online Career Center , you will not have access to the resume database on the Career Center.
Hyatt-Stetson Center Room FG
Saturday, July 16, 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 17, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Monday, July 18, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 19, 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Interview Rooms (to reserve in advance, please email Kylie Weller):
Sunday, July 20, 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Monday, July 21, 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 22, 7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
Kylie Weller, AALL Membership Services Manager; (312) 205-8022